Thursday, October 30, 2008

Kelly's Vase

I wanted to do something special for Kelly and her new office. So I bought a ceramic vase and had them glaze the inside so it could hold fresh flowers. I wasn't sure what to do with it at first. And then I had a brillant idea!! I painted it green and then put blue, yellow and red puzzle pieces all over it. And of course I bought flowers for it. From what I could find on the internet, Yellow flowers mean friendship and cheerful thoughts. So I went to Walmart and found the prettiest yellow tulips that looked really fresh. They were perfect. And I put them in the vase for Kelly. I gave it to Kelly tonight. I think she loved it!!! I am excited about seeing it in her office at the center. And of course I am including pictures for you all to see!

I was very proud of myself for painting this! I hope you all love it as much as I do!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH! that's adorable and so thoughtful of you Jen...I love it! so symbolic of her work too. Great job on the puzzle pieces!

Kelly said...

Of Course I LOVE it!! You just wait 'til all the people see it, you'll be making them on order! :)

Sarah said...

I'm so jealous I didn't think of this! You did an amazing job with this Jen!