Thursday, April 3, 2008

One Mom's Opinion

I just wanted to voice my opinion on circumcision. I think it is a great thing for the health of boys. But if you have a baby boy make sure that the doctor that performs the surgery puts a ring on the baby. This prevents the skin from adhering back onto him. If you don't have the ring then there is a good chance that you will have to take your little baby to a urologist and have them cut the skin again. I had to do this today. Poor Logan. He is okay now but it was not a fun process. When I told the doctor that the surgeon did not put the ring on and that I thought that was the cause of the problem, she agreed with me. She said she wishes more doctors would use the ring to prevent the babies having to go through unnecessary procedures. I just wanted to share with other parents.

No comments: